Thursday, September 2, 2010

What *Does* VP Biden Do?, Pt 2

Each weekday, I take a look at the official schedules for the President, Vice President, and SoS and her staff. I share them here, and I also compile them into pamphlets (which may be purchased for the Kindle by going to Amazon Kindle Store and doing a search on "Your Government in Action." (They are in public domain, and I charge 99 cents to cover the time it takes me to compile the files.)

Anyway, I thiught it was interesting, for Wednesday, September 1, President Obama's schedule says he's having these meetins with Benjamin Netanyahu, then the President of the Palestinian Authority (Mahmoud Abbas) and then the President of Jordan (King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein) and then the President of Egypt (President Hosni Mubarak ).

Now, according to Secretary of State Clinton's website, she was to be present for all these meetings (and probably was.) It's interesting to see that the person who compiles Obama's schedule for the website didn't see fit to mention that Clinton would also be there.

But what I really want to know is...where was Vice President Biden? His day was "No public meetings scheduled." Didn't he have anything to offer? Or is he still in Iraq talking with troops, and if so, why doesn't his schedule say, "Still in Iraq, taking with troops."

No comments:

Post a Comment