Thursday, September 23, 2010

Transcript of Rush's speech in Philadelphia on Sept 22, 2010

No, I can't share the whole thing here, but I do provide the link to the transcript, and a few paragraphs. The whole speech was an hour and a half, and you can read it at the link below.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_092310/content/01125106.guest.html
After all the cheers, it starts with...
RUSH: "Performing arts." When I think of "performing arts," I think of Karen Finley dressed up nude in chocolate on the stage paid for with our tax dollars by the NEA.

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

RUSH: And this is very professional. There's actually, on this podium, a sign: "Please Speak Up and Into Microphone."

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

RUSH: Honestly, (chuckles) it's there. The last time I was here in Philadelphia... What was it? Three years ago, I think. How many of you were here that night?

AUDIENCE: (cheers and applause)

RUSH: Wow. The pressure's on.

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

RUSH: I have to meet and surpass audience expectations. Three years ago when I was here, it was the night that we announced that I was going to put Harry Reid's letter to my syndication partner up for auction on eBay. Remember that?

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH: Harry Reid, Dingy Harry. He could not get a vote on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell;" couldn't get a vote on cap and trade and a number of other things because he had to go to New York last night for a fundraiser for Democrats in the Senate. And he took with him Kirsten Gillibrand who is the junior senator from New York, a rubber stamp for Chuck-U Schumer, and he goes and he talks to all these senators up there and he's introducing them to the people and he gets to Kirsten Gillibrand and he says, "And what do we think of her? She's hot!" and she gets all embarrassed, because she's not that hot.

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

RUSH: But, but... No, I'm sorry. We're all friends here. Compared to the other Democrats in the Senate, she's a 10. She really is.

and ends with:
RUSH: When I was a kid, my father was a biblical scholar. He taught Sunday school. He was immersed in it. And when I was very young I'd ask him questions. And he told me once that the questions I asked forced him outside to try to independently, in his own intellectual way, validate his beliefs. And I guess when I was a young kid, I was having trouble with the concept of heaven and hell. I said, "Why would God create a competitor to whom he could lose, the devil? Daddy, I don't understand this." I'm four or five years old and he's trying to explain this. He took this very seriously. He knows he can't send me off to watch Romper Room. He's got to have an answer for this.

So the one thing I remember him saying, I don't know if it was in answer to that specific question, but I've never forgotten it. He said, "Son, I believe in the loving God of Creation and I believe that a God who creates beings who can conceive of a beautiful heavenly afterlife and can live their lives in such a way as to achieve that place, it would be the ultimate act of cruelty if it isn't true -- the fact that a God would create beings that could ponder these things that don't exist," that's how he told himself above and beyond the Bible that there was heaven. And that's how he explained it to me. And he said I'm the one that caused him to start thinking about things like that. Well, I've always believed that we are going to be able to ask questions to which there aren't any answers to. They are what drive us.

The quest to find out our purpose, our meaning, it's all embodied in how we live our lives and how we want to manage our affairs, and it certainly includes our politics. If it didn't matter, nobody would get as aroused. And a lot of people don't, but enough of us do that we have enough that will get engaged, enough people, a majority of whom will get engaged enough to take on the challenges of the people who do want to fundamentally change this country. I am blessed and grateful to be on the same side of all this as all of you. I thank you all very much for coming out tonight, being in my radio audience, it's a blessing I have each and every day. Thank you so much.

AUDIENCE: (cheers and applause)

RUSH: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment