Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome new readers!

Whenever I have a whole batch of new readers, I like to post a little welcome to explain the blog.

1. I'm not affiliated with the Rush Limbaugh show in any way. I just use what he says as a springboard to air my own views. I also share excerpts from the transcripts of his programs and riff on those.

2. First thing in the morning, I post the schedules of the President, VP, and SoS Clinton. I frankly find it fascinating to read these. I also collect the schedules of the Sec of Treasury and Sec of Defense, although I dont' publish them here. I publish them in a pamphlet called Your Government in Action, available on the Kindle for 99 cents each. (All these schedules are culled from official, public domain websites, but I think it helps to have them all gathered together in one place, and it's that effort of mine, that I charge for.

3. After Rush's transcript is posted to his website, usually about 6 pm eastern time, I post comments on some things Rush said, and share some excerpts of the transcripts.

4. Occasionally, if there's an interesting news article, I share it here.

5. On weekends, I'll share news headlines from Michael Savage (I don't care for his show, but his website is a news aggregate one with interseting headlines) or Drudge.

6. I'm also sharing bits of Steve Allen's Dumbth, a book he wrote 20 years ago which still resonates today. That's been on hold for a while but I'll get back to it shortly.

7. I also am in the prcoess of revewing Rush's first book, The Way Things Ought to Be. That's been on hold for a while but I'll get back to it shortly.

8. With the November Senate elections just 40 days away, I've been posting overviews of each state's candidates, which is why I haven't been keeping up with numbers 6 and 7 above.

Again, thanks for reading. I hope this blog helps you find your political way in the world, that's its purpose.

While I disagree with some things Rush says, his trope on the "Excellence of America" is very true and just, and we need to work togther to bring that desire, that capability, back to this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment