Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Will You Boycott Lowe's?

Big businesses have a hard time of it these days. Case in point, Lowe's. They put their commercials on a reality show, that showed a few Muslim families living in .... New York, I think. The intent is for the show to show how the average Muslim lives in the United States.

I think it could have been an informative show. Not that I would have watched it - I don't watch any reality shows, I think they're stupid.

But it would have shown people how Muslims lived... they could have seen how husband treats wife, treats girl kids, if any....

But some Christian coalition wrote to Lowe's and said they shouldn't advertise on the show...so Lowe's pulled their advertising.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot, and a lot of people are calling for customers to boycott Lowe's because of their intolerance.

I think this Christian religious group is aiming at the wrong target. Why not call for boycotts on advertisers who advertise for such dreck as Family Guy, which promotes bestiality, and so on?

As a woman, I don't care for the Islamic religion and I don't understand how any woman could. But then, there's a few Christian sects which also treat women like second class citizens - there was a case a few years ago where some religious school wouldn't let a female referee referee some game between 10-year olds, because women must not be in authority over men...or even boys! Talk about people living in the stone age!

____________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties
.

No comments:

Post a Comment