Monday, September 13, 2010

September 11 should not be a "Day of Service"

This was a throwaway bit from Rush today - just a tag on the end of a segment, but I have to agree with it 100%>
I don't know, to turn the whole thing into a day of service I think it's to hijack the day. Those people were going to work that day. They were not taking a day off. They were not going into service. They were going to work and to sit there and try to hijack that day: "It's about public service. It's about volunteerism. It's about doing for your fellow man." Where the hell does he get off with this? It's not what the commemorations of 9/11 are all about.

9/11 should be commemorated with memories of those who were murdered on that day, rememberances of who murdered them, and gurantees that 9 years later, such actions could never occur again.

(And frankly, I have to say that despite the Patriot Act, despite "beefed up" security" I feel no safer today than I did the day after 9/11. Less secure, if anything, because we've had story after story that shows that the airport security people are totally incompetent...etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment