Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bill To Prevent People From Having to Go Against Their Conscience

I was listening to Glenn Beck yesterday.

In the brief time I listened to him (he annoys me because he and his two friends talk over each other and it's hard to understand them) he said one thing I agreed with and one thing I disagreed with.

Some Congresswoman named Sheila Jackson Lee or something had lambasted the Speaker of hte house et all, saying that never in the annals of history had she seen anyone say they wanted the President to fail, so its racist of them to want Obama to fail.

And Beck was reading off all the excoriation that the 2nd George Bush had been subjected to - which is very true.

Then he mentioned that a bill had been introduced in Congress that would not allow people to be have to do things "against their conscience." And that irritated me because if people don't want to do things against their conscience in their jobs, they should not be given jokes where that would apply. So if a person has a religious objection to filling prescriptions for birth control, that's fine, don't take a job where you have to fill those prescriptions. Because that's a pharmacist's job!

If they do this, how soon before everyone in the military can say, "It's against my conscience to go oversees and potentially have to kill someone, so you can't make me serve in a combat role. Admittedly, that's what the Conscientious Objector box is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment