Friday, October 8, 2010

Women, football and breast cancer

I wasn't able to listen to Rush's show today - and for that matter this blog will be back to normal on Monday, when I arrive in my new home and get to stay there for good!

But just reading the headlines has annoyed me.

First off, I'm a woman - a straight woman - and I've watched football all my life. I love football. A lot of women do. But take Thanksgiving for example. Women have to make the meal while the guys get to sit in the living room and watch football. You don't think women wish it were the other way around?

As for pink helmet straps, shoe bottoms, and so on...it's certainly true that my uncle, in whose house I've been staying for the past 5 days, couldn't stand to watch the game on Sunday because of all the pinkness...but let's face it...all those football players have mothers, some of whom have died from breast cancer. So just suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment