Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Is Obama So Sure of the Black Vote?

Rush talked about Romney going to the NAACP today.
RUSH: Romney showed up today at the NAALCP convention, and Snerdley came in here, "Oh, yeah, he did great. He was great." And Karen Finney, this real locoweed commentator over at MSNBC, "Well, you gotta give Romney credit for showing up, for being willing to go." Is that right? We've gotten to the point where he gets credit for going? I mean say what you want about the NAALCP, they're still human beings, they're Americans. Credit for going? Every presidential candidate goes to the NAALCP. McCain went, didn't he? Bush went, didn't he? Name for me one that didn't. (interruption) Oh, Obama hasn't gone? (laughing)

At any rate, here's what Karen Finney said, "It's more about your actions than it is about what you say." That's a crock. Not with that group. It's totally about what you say. Obama has devastated the black community in this country economically, literally devastated them. It's totally what you say. Not your actions. But remind me again here, folks, 'cause before Romney showed up at the NAALCP, we had Fox on, and Alan Colmes was on there... I was gonna say something, but I'm gonna dial it back. Alan Colmes was saying that Romney doesn't care about people. He doesn't care about the poor. He doesn't care about black people. He doesn't care. He's totally out of touch. He doesn't care. He doesn't care about people in poverty. He doesn't care about people that are suffering and hurting. He doesn't care.

OMNEY: I believe that if you understood who I truly am in my heart, and if it were possible to fully communicate what I believe is in the real enduring best interests of American African-American families, you would vote for me for president. Now, of course you know the opposition charges that I and people in my party are running for office to help the rich. Nonsense. The rich will do just fine, whether I'm elected or not. The president wants to make this campaign about blaming the rich, and I want to make this a campaign about helping the middle class in America. (applause) RUSH: You can barely hear the applause. You can barely hear the applause. I watched a little bit of this and I felt like I was in a mortuary. I felt like I was in a funeral home watching this. Tepid applause talking about lifting the middle class. To heck with the rich. The rich are gonna be rich no matter who's elected and the rich are gonna be fine no matter who's here, which is true. You'll hear later, Carville is out on Fox this morning, huge discussion on whether I was right in terms of the economy being a major factor in the campaign, as Romney's using it. And after that discussion we've got some sound bites of Carville saying it's no longer the economy. He's not talking about me. He said class warfare is the new tactic that will work for Obama. That's what he says. Carville and Greenberg, polling data, class warfare, that's what's gonna work. You know Carville and Greenberg want Obama to stay away from touting the economy. Stop talking about this economic recovery you got going, dude, there isn't any. Nobody's gonna buy it. Instead they want him now to start talking about class envy. (interruption) You snicker? Here is Romney talking about the rich are gonna be cool no matter what. That's not what these people want to hear. These people want to hear, "I am gonna put the rich in jail." He woulda gotten a standing O. "I'm gonna put the rich in jail, I'm gonna jail myself, and then I'm gonna give everything I take from myself and the rich to the middle class." That woulda gotten a standing O with this group. Okay, here's the next bite. ROMNEY: As you may have heard from my opponent, I'm also a believer in the free enterprise system. I believe it can bring change where so many well meaning government programs have failed. I've never heard anyone look around an impoverished neighborhood and say, "You know, there's just too much free enterprise around here. Too many shops. Too many jobs. Too many people putting money in the bank." What you hear, of course, is, "How do we bring in jobs? How do we make good, honest employers want to move in?" RUSH: No. ROMNEY: Stay in. RUSH: Not anymore. ROMNEY: And with the shape the economy's in today, we're asking that question more and more. RUSH: No, we're not. ROMNEY: Free enterprise. Free enterprise is still the greatest force for upward mobility, economic security, and the expansion of the middle class. RUSH: Not to this group. That's not what they want to hear. This group wants to hear about tax increases and bigger government to take care of people. They don't want to hear about self-reliance; they don't want to hear about free enterprise. Free enterprise means you've gotta do it yourself. Free enterprise means it's up to you. Free enterprise means you're on your own. This group doesn't want to hear that. I don't think Romney got a single vote in here today.

I will tell you that he didn't get a single vote. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if he gets a single vote outta here or not. Well, look, I'm not playing these sound bites to criticize Romney. That's not my point here. The audience is gonna do that for me. The callers will criticize Romney for me. I am not trying to do that. (sigh) But, anyway, "I never heard anybody look around an impoverished neighborhood and say, 'You know, there's just too much free enterprise here.'"

They do!

The shop owners, the business owners are guilty to this group!

It's unfair they should own a business that charges a profit. (interruption) Well, you can smirk all you want. It's where we are in our culture today. They do see too many businesses; they do see too many successful people. Those people have somehow cheated, lied, and stolen from other people to get what they've got -- and then they're earning a profit. Walmart's an enemy, for crying out loud! They ought to be giving it all away, and then those people ought to be in jail after Romney puts the rich in jail. (interruption)

Who do I think shops at Walmart?

The NAALCP thinks it ought to be free at Walmart -- or at cost, at least, at Walmart. Look, in Romney's time at Bain Capital, he helped save or start over 150 companies. Staples. Burger King. You think any of those companies ever hired a black person? Do you think they did? I wonder what woulda happened if Romney woulda told 'em that? Boos? Accuse him of racism, tokenism? What woulda happened? How come Romney doesn't pick up a black accent when he goes in there and talks to the NAALCP?

That's what Obama does. Obama brings out the Selma twang when he heads in there to the NAALCP. And Hillary. (impression) "I ain't no ways tiiiired." Then they stand up and they give Hillary a cheer, and Obama says things like (impression), "Well, my grandfather came down here with the po'." They scream, "Right on, dude!" And they stand up for a standing ovation! Romney goes in there today, and he sounded like Snow White with Testicles. That's not what this bunch wants to hear. Here's the next bite.

ROMNEY: I'm gonna eliminate every nonessential expensive program I can find. That includes Obamacare, and I'm gonna work to reform and save --

AUDIENCE: (boos and grumbling)

RUSH: We didn't edit that. That was 15 seconds of boos. That's a short bite. What did Romney say? He said, "I'm gonna eliminate every nonessential expensive program I can, and that includes Obamacare, and I'm gonna work to reform..." Booooo! So what are these people telling us? They want to pay taxes higher than ever. They want to pay penalties if they don't have health insurance. They want the health care system to deteriorate into something that's worse than it could possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment