Monday, July 23, 2012

If Guns are made illegal, only outlaws will have guns...

As Rush said, if a law is made that prevents people from having guns, law abiding folks won't have 'em. But criminals will get them just the same, because they are not law-abiding! Apparently Obama made the Aurora tragedy all about him...
At the end of the day on Friday I'm checking voluminous amounts e-mail and I get a note from a guy who said, "You wouldn't believe, why does Obama do this? He had to say, 'My daughters go to the movies, what if they had been in that theater?'" And I looked at that, did he really say that? If I had a son, he would look just like Trayvon Martin. My two daughters go to the movies. What if they had been there, as though, what are we to conclude? That his two daughters are more important than people that were in that theater? (interruption) What, that's not what he meant? What the hell did he mean? Wait a second. No, no, no.

Look, I'm mayor of Realville. I deal in the literal. First off, did he say, "My two daughters go to the movies, what if they had been in that theater that night?" Did he say, "I wonder if"? Even if he said, "I wonder if my two daughters had been," trying to relate to average, ordinary peons just as they might be asking, "Gee, what if my daughters had been there?" Well, without those daughters, would he have a different reaction? What's the deal here? If his daughters weren't there, would he have a different reaction? If Trayvon Martin hadn't been black, would he have had a different reaction to a son that he didn't have looking like Trayvon Martin?

No comments:

Post a Comment