Friday, May 13, 2011

Obama Willing To Bribe Hispanic Voters, How Can Republicans Compete?

I recently reviewed a book called The Economics of Good and Evil. (I'm a member of the Amazon Vine program. We request books to review, they send them to us, we review 'em.) After I'd submitted my review, I read some of the reviews that had already been made of the book, and one of them was calling out for "social justice." There's a lot of "calls for social justice" out there... but what that typically means is that the poor should be given more money so that they won't be so poor, and of course the money they are to be given comes from the middle class and the rich - people who do work, who do produce.

Where is the social justice when 50% of Americans pay no income taxes? What that really means is that 50% of Americans are carrying the water for those peope who don't work and won't work. (Yes, a great percentage of blacks and Latinos are in that 50% who don't pay income tax bracket, but then, so are a lot of whites who have - human nature being what it is - hopped on the gravy train. If they can get a free ride, why shouldn't I? is the thinking.)

Young girls these days dont' think twice about having a baby out of wedlock. It doesnt' matter that they can't afford to pay for anything the baby will need...from clothes to insurance. The state will pick up the tab. And if the state refuses...why, that's just so uncivilized! And let me emphasize that this is all just human nature. It's the fault of our government for creating a system where people are rewarded for being irresponsible.

Anyway, that's my rant on that subject. Here's what Rush had to say about Obama pandering to Hispanics.

In fact I was in a conversation not long ago with a high-ranking Republican and a high-ranking Democrat, and they were talking about reelect 2012 and what each party was gonna have to do with this group and that group and this group and what they had to do to get the votes of this group and I held up my hand, and I said, "You know what, I don't understand you guys. I can't relate to you. That's why I couldn't be in politics 'cause I don't look at people this way." I think human beings are human beings, and I would go after the Hispanic vote the same way I'd go after the white vote. I'd go after the Hispanic vote the same way I'd go after the female vote. What I would not do is take a group and say, "Okay, what do you guys want? Oh, you want X, okay, fine, I'll give you that, here's my speech for you," and next go over to the women, "What do you women want? Well, okay, here's my speech for you," then hope the other guys don't hear it.

I couldn't categorize the country: the Hispanics, they have a tendency to vote Democratic, because of what? Okay what do we have to do therefore to get those people? I couldn't do it. That's why I will stay here and be on the radio. And I told these two guys, these ranking Republicans and Democrats, who were basically asking me similar opinions to your question, I said, "I can't answer it that way because I don't look at the country this way. I don't look at this country as group A, group B, group C. I think a message of individual liberty, freedom, rugged individualism, basic conservatism, the message of founding of this country will appeal to every human being who hears it if the message is presented with no excuses with confidence, energy and leadership."

So I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm letting you down with your question. But I really don't have an answer. 'Cause I would not pander, I would not say, "Okay, we've got Hispanics, whatever somebody's gonna tell me they want." "Well, Mr. Limbaugh, this is why you will never win an election because the Hispanics want amnesty for every Spanish speaking person." No, they don't. I don't believe that's true. If every Spanish speaking person in this country wants amnesty for illegals, I'll eat my hat. I just don't believe that. And if that's what they want, there's no hope the Republicans can ever get them because if the Republicans offer that, they lose their base.

And I think all these questions are actually traps, and I gave you people a little insight not long ago about how I think and I gotta be very careful here -- consultants in the broadcast business can do harm, particularly in television. And I think political consultants can do the same kind of harm because what they'll apparently do quite readily is decide that candidate A can't be himself on issue A. Go ahead and be yourself on issue B, but on issue C, no, we gotta come up with something else for you to say. This is why there is so much timidity in candidates, why there is such a reluctance to be forthright and honest, because somebody's told 'em, "If you say that you're gonna anger that group over there." I can't do that, as one who does not look at people as victims. I do not look at people as members of groups.

When I do this radio program I guaran-damn-tee you I have never once said, "Okay, how do I attract the 18-year-old crowd?" To the chagrin of program directors all over the country. I have never once said, "What do I need to do to attract women?" I do that naturally. I don't look at it that way. I believe people are people. I think there's some universal messages. I think good radio is good radio. Smart, honest politics is smart, honest politics. And if you have the right message for people that live in this country, want to be Americans, I don't think you need to categorize it.



_____________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment