Monday, May 16, 2011

Obama Down in the Polls

His "Bin Laden Bump" certainly didn't last long...well how could it considering that the fall-out from that operation started the very next day...

RUSH: Gallup is out -- and they're out twice. (interruption) No, no. No, no, no. Earlier today Obama slipped. He was at 48%. When the program started, Obama was at 48% approval. Another Gallup number has just come out and he's at 46%. So Obama has slipped, and he's slipped again down to 46% this hour in their daily poll, the daily tracking poll. So the Osama bump, that's probably in the same place in the sea where Osama is. There was no bump. Look, bumps are exactly that. Bumps are artificial anyway. I wouldn't want a bump in a poll. "Oh, he did something right? Okay, I'll approve him for two days, and then ask me next week and I'll be back."

This is BS, this whole notion of getting a bump in the polls -- and, of course, it's the media that wants the bump so they can report it, but you live by the bump you die by the bump because the bump's eventually gonna go away, and the bump has gone away, and there's the Bamster now down to 46% -- and is in deep doo-doo. I'm telling you, he's in deep doo-doo. Not only that poll, this is also Gallup: 47-19%, persons say they would want their member of Congress to vote against raising the debt ceiling. We had this last Friday. Fifty-seven percent of the country is paying attention to it.

Twenty years ago, 2% of a talk radio audience paid attention to or cared about budgets and deficits.

Today, 57% of the whole country is paying attention -- and by 47-19 they are opposed to raising the debt ceiling.

Having said that, I never trust these polls. As I've said time and time again, I don't care what 1,000 people have to say, don't report that as if a whole percentage of the country feels the same way.

If they did a poll featuring 100,000 people, then maybe I'd believe the results.

But a measly 1,000 - no.

____________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment