Thursday, August 25, 2011

It it racist to want one's players to not have tattoos?

I moved to Cheyenne, WY about 8 months ago. And I shop at our local Walgreens practically every day. And since it's 80+ here every day, people walk around in shorts and t-shirts all the time. And since it is Cheyenne, 98% of the folk I see walking around are white. (Wyoming has only about 2% blacks, 8% or so Latino/Hispanic).

And I'd be willing to bet that 98% of everybody I see walking around has at least one tattoo and usually more. For women, they have it done on their ankles, and occasinally on their back shoulder. Some of 'em have tattoos up and down their arms, and those folks will occasionally have the nose rings or the lip rings.

And as far as I'm concerned, they all look stupid. Although tattoos are not as stupid as nose or lip rings.

But getting your body tattooed is just the trend these days, and everyone, men and women, follow trends.

So in sports, they also have the tattoos. And those look stupid too. Most athletes in football are black, so they'e got the tattoos and they look stupid. And most athletes in baseball are white (followed by latinos) and they look stupid.

The point I'm trying to make is not liking to see people with tattoos or peircings has nothing to do with race, and all to deal with good taste.

So Jay Richardson of the Panthers doesn't want a potential quarterback to have peircings or tattoos.

Does that make him racist, or just someone with good taste? (Although I do have to wonder, why it doesn't apply to the rest of his team. Because I find it very difficult to believe that any football team could field 4 players, let alone 44, that didn't have tattoos.)




_______________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment