Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tebow Wins!

It invariably happens. Someone or some team that is the underdog, and that I want to do well, starts out a game in really embarrassing fashion. I can't stand to watch it, so I turn the channel. Ten or twenty minutes later I turn back, just to take a quick peek, only to find that the athlete or team that was looking sooo bad, now has the lead!

Such it was with Tim Tebow and the Broncos today. I wanted Tebow to do well, not because he's a Christian who'd been getting a lot of mockery lately, but because he was someone whom very few people thought would do well because of his football skills in general (but there was a lot of anti-overt Christian-acrimony about it as well, obviously) - he was the underdog, and I wanted him to do well.

So in the opening quarter, with Tebow looking so inept, I was embarrased for him and turned the channel. Checked back 10 minutes later to see he'd somehow thrown a TD pass, but for the second quarter, again, total futility.

I was prepared to give up and assumed that come the next game - or even the next half, he'd be replaced.

But coaches must have talked to the offensive line during halftime, because during the second half they protected Tebow much better. Not having to make rushed throws, he was actually able to his his targets - who in their turn were able to turn upfield and run, especially Will McGahee. Of course I didn't return to the game until near the end of the third quarter...

Anyway, I'm happy for Tebow. Hopefully it will shut up some of his detractors. Of course every quarterback is only as good as his last game...so we'll see how Tebow does next week.

_________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties
.

No comments:

Post a Comment