Friday, November 11, 2011

Carrie Fisher and Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd

I've never been a fan of Carrie Fisher - not that she's done anything after Star Wars anyway, but apparently she got into drugs or alcohol abuse or something (certain athletes who came from the "hood" may be stupid and do drugs, but that's nothing compared to the whole Hollywood ambiance, I'm afraid... I was so disappointed when Brad Pitt made it clear that he smoked marijuana...but perhaps it was just naive of me to think that he didn't...)

But I digress. Carrie has had a new autobiography published, and I'm sorry, but I wonder why - just like Bristol Palin whose sole claim to fame is being the daughter of Sarah Palin and not being smart enough to wear a condom while having sex, Carrie's sole claim to fame is the first Star Wars trilogy.

So in her book, she points out that she was sexually harrassed by Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd. According to Rush she doesn't call it sexual harrassment, but they're certainly talking to her in a suggestive way.

Of course, whenever this was, she wasn't employed by them, and she had power, of a sort...so it's not quite the same as an employer coming to an employee and making suggestive remarks.. nevertheless it is interesting.

Rush: So Carrie Fisher in the book says that while having dinner with these two, "suddenly Senator Kennedy seated directly across from me," she writes "looked at me with his alert aristocratic eyes." That's the first time I have ever considered Senator Kennedy's eyes described as anything other than "glassy." Aristocratic? Anyway, I'm not an attractive woman, so I wouldn't know how Senator Kennedy's eyes appear to a one, but apparently they were "aristocratic" to Carrie Fisher.

Anyway, she goes on. She says that he said was clearly amused. "'Do you think you'll be having sex with Chris here at the end of your date?' and to my left, Chris Dodd looked at me with an unusual grin hanging on his very flushed face, and she writes that she said, 'Funily enough, I won't be having sex with Chris tonight. That probably won't happen, but thanks for asking, though.'" It's not over there. "Senator Kennedy, persistent, says, 'Would you have sex with Chris in a hot tub?'" She says that Senator Kennedy "asked her that perhaps as a way to say good night." She then said, "No, I'm no good in water." Ted Kennedy could have said, "Neither am I, and neither was Mary Jo!" This is incredible. So she says to him, "No, I'm no good in water." Kennedy names his dog "Splash."

Now, how come Carrie Fisher didn't file a sexual harassment claim? Does this not sound like far more risque behavior than anything that's been alleged against Herman Cain? Seriously, now. Isn't this more boorish? Isn't this more obtrusive, intrusive, disrespectful, what have you, than anything Herman Cain's been alleged to have done?



______________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties
.

No comments:

Post a Comment