Thursday, October 20, 2011

Should McNabb Have Been Benched?

I'm a football fan, in the sense that I follow a couple of teams and know the names of the guys on that team, and I know the QBs of the rest of the teams and the names of their "superstars" but that's about it.

So when Donovan McNabb went to Washington, I didn't really know anything about him except that he was a "name" quarterback, and although I didn't follow the controversy there I was surprised when Mike Shanahan benched him after only a few games. (And their were comments that Shanahan was a racist because he'd benched McNabb without giving him a fair chance.)

Well, I am a Vikings fan, and even though I live way out in Wyoming I was able to watch each of McNabb's games, and they were pretty bad.

The very first game- McNabb wasn't allowed to throw at all, and I put the blame on the offensive coordinator. But as subseqeuent games occurred, and McNabb passed more often, it was clear that McNabb just could not pass. He kept throwing the balls into the dirt!

Don't know if Christian Ponder will do any better...but I dont' think he'll do any worse..


___________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties
.

No comments:

Post a Comment