Monday, January 10, 2011

Who has the hate-filled rhetoric?

Various online newspapers published the news of the mass murder in Arizona when it occurred, and the comments section were always full of people blaming it on the Republican's "hate-filled rhetoric." Where is all this hate?

As Rush points out, President Obama speaks his fair share.
OBAMA SEPTEMBER 17, 2008: I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to 'em whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.

RUSH: "[A]rgue with them and get in their face." March 18, 2009, Washington, after Obama delivered remarks on the South Lawn about bonuses on Wall Street, a reporter said, "Mr. President, a new round of bonuses from these contracts are coming out. What can you say to the American public to quell the anger? Because people are angry about this new round of bonuses. There's more bonuses said to be coming for AIG executives."

OBAMA MARCH 18, 2009: I don't want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry. I'm angry! What I want us to do, though, is channel our anger that constructive way.

RUSH: "I don't want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry." I'm angry for the moooove-ment. And just a few weeks ago, October 25th the syndicated host on a Univision show said, "Mr. President, you were able to pass a health care plan and you worked a lot for that and most of my listeners, they haven't seen that, same way you worked for health care immigration reform, same effort."

OBAMA: If La'tinos sit out the election instead of saying we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of up surge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder, and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.

RUSH: "Punish our enemies." Spoken like a true community organizer. Hand-to-hand comba! Get in your neighbor's face. He also said, "Find an ass to kick." I mean, President Obama's a lifelong political agitator. What do political agitators do but get people angry? That's what a community organizer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment