Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What if he'd been Muslim?

There's probably little chance that the governor of Alabama would ever be a Muslim...as someone said in an op-ed piece, Republican Robert Bentley offended "all seven or so non-Christian Alabamans" with what he said in his inagural speech.

But in New York with its high immigrant population, what if a Muslim is elected. Imagine the outrage if he went out of his way to call people to Allah on his inaugural day.

I certainly wouldn't like that.

I'm an atheist, but I don't mind crosses on public land, and I wish people Merry Christmas, and I'm glad that if I can't be living in an atheist country at least I'm living in a judean-Christian one.

But a politician has no business trying to foist his religion off on others, in a public speech like this. Because, again, if a Christian can do it next you'll have a Scientologist do it, then a Muslim, etc. All religion should be kept out of politics...

Here's what the guy said: "Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment