Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Haney Project: Oh, no he didn't!

Just got finished watching the Haney Project. It looks like it'll be fun, and I'll watch it. Of course they've got the obligatory beautiful and slender woman in revealing clothing - Haney's wife, wearing shorts up to here, and next week, the skimpiest of bikinis...not quite sure why that's there except to provide eye candy for the guys, as I guess they don't think women are going to watch this.

Well, let me just say this, pals, some women are watching it and we want eye candy too, eye candy that is most definitely not provided by Rush or Haney.

So anyway, Rush is hitting a shot, looks at it go, and says, "That's a little bit Oprah."

Haney doesn't know what this means.

"It was a little bit fat," explains Rush.

Now, I know that Rush deliberately says certain things to get the media riled up, but this was really a bit silly. Don't get the media riled up when the riposte is so obvious, as in this case. Oprah at her heaviest never weighed as much as Limbaugh does now.

I admit that irks me, much as the headline today about Hilary Clinton "screeching" her opinion that political dissent is patriotic. There's this subtle disrespect of the female that permeates Rush's commentary more often than not, for all that he still champions Sarah Palin.

As for the rest, I'm a one-day a year warrior, golf-wise, though I hope to get in more practice this upcoming summer, now that I have some people to play with. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment