Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vindicated! - SOS Clinton's "blog"

Sorry for going on and on about this, but I couldn't believe I'd made that mistake, so I went back into my JPG files. A couple of weeks ago I'd been making screencaps of politicians websites for when I did their bios, for those running for the Nov 2 election (and I'll get back on that in another day or so, by the way!).

As I had hoped, I had taken a screen cap of the Hilary Clinton blog, and as you can see - there's no "This is a private blog". Indeed, you see in the left hand corner that it actually says, "Secretary Clinton's blog." So this "private" author was definitely trying to come across as Hillary Clinton!

Here are the two screencaps:

The one that has been there up until one day ago:


And the one that's there now:



Of course, both of those articles have a sig line at the top, by stacyx, underneath each post title. I suppose that shuld have been a clue, when I was first scoping out the blog, but if I remember correctly, I had just assumed that Hillary didn't do her own posting herself, but had a minion named stacyx do it, but that she wrote what was put there.

In any event, I've learned my lesson. From now on unless a person's blog says it's an Official blog, I'm not going to assume it is. The fault is entirely mine for being fooled, however much I wish I could blame it all on this "Stacyx", who certainly did seem to be doing her best to put doubt into people's minds, and she certainly succeeded with me.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment