Friday, August 20, 2010

The Way Things Ought to Be, Report Pt 1 - Acknowledgements

Rush Limbaugh's book, The Way Things Ought to Be, was published in 1992.

In his acknowledgements, Rush thanks his collaborator on the book, John Fund - an editorial writerfor the Wall Street Journal and "a friend who shares my ideas and beliefs."

Fund interviewed him, , then wrote the first draft from the transcriptions of the interviews. "He was able to divorce his own ego and personality from the process and concentrate on drawing me out, which he did flawlessly."

He also served as a researcher "when I couldn't remember where I had read or seen something."

The first re-write was done with the help of his brother David, "a profound conservative thinker, and a much better writer than I will ever be." Many of his suggestions were incorporated into the final product.

He also thanks a host of other people.

Next installment, I cover the Introduction to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment