Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Obama Doesn't Really Diss Rush....

Rush admitted that the two words he used to describe Sarah Fluke (Fluker, whatever!) were inappropriate.

So why in the world is he upset at Obama for saying the same thing?
The question came from a Huffing and Puffington Post reporter: "Do you believe Rush Limbaugh's apology was sufficient and heartfelt, and do you agree with the number of sponsors that have stopped supporting his show, and has there been a double standard? Liberal commentators have made distasteful statements and there's not been such an outrage."

OBAMA: Y'know, I'm not gonna comment on what sponsors decide to do. I'm not gonna comment on, uhh, uhhh, either the economics or the politics of it. Uh, I don't know what's in Rush Limbaugh's heart so I'm not gonna comment, uhhh, uh, on the sincerity of his apology. Uh, what I can comment on is the fact that all decent folks can agree, uhh, that the remarks that were made, uhh, don't have any place in the public discourse. And, you know, the reason I called Ms. Fluke is because, uh, I thought about Malia and Sasha. And one of the things I want them to do, uh, as they get older is to engage in issues they care about. Even ones I may not agree with them on, I want them to be able t'speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because, uh, they're being good citizens.

And I wanted, uhh, Sandra to know that -- that I thought her parents should be proud of her. Uh, and that we want t'send a message to all our young people that bein' part of a democracy involves argument and disagreements and, uh, debate. And we want you to be engaged, and there's a way to do it, uh, that doesn't, uhh, involve you being, uhh, demeaned and insulted, particularly when you're a private citizen.


Now, I don't think the Prez really needed to call Fluke, and I'd still like to know how in the world he got her phone number, but frankly he's right. Rush comments on politicians, but when they diss him, he says they have no right because he's a private citizen, "minding his own business."

What is his business if it is not politics?

Yes, Fluke had to be rebutted, but she didn't deserve to be called a slut or prostitute.

1 comment: