Monday, March 12, 2012

Mark Steyn In For Rush Today

Rush was off playing golf today, and Mark Steyn was the sub.

Normally I don't listen to any guest host. I have heard Steyn on occasion and he does have clarity of thought and expression, but ... I tune in to the Limbaugh show for Rush!

However, today I listened to him for quite a while and he actually had some pretty good stuff to say on the state of our presence in Afghanistan (after that tragic shooting by a GI who killed 12 civilians).

I'm pretty sure the Limbaugh show doesn't transcribe the talks of its guest-hosts, but I will check later on today with his own website and see if they perchance transcribe it there.

Basically, he was just pointing out the hellish circumstances under which our soldiers over there have to operate. We don't integrate with the natives, we aren't building a democracy - so why are we over there?

As for this soldier - of course we don't know the details yet but maybe he was friends with someone who just got killed by an UED and wanted to kill someone in revenge, and foolishly killed civilians because he couldn't get to the real culprits... (I have no way of knowing if that's true, but there are so many situations that could have occurred to send a good soldier over the edge - though obviously he should not have gone over the edge and killed civilians.)

No comments:

Post a Comment