Monday, March 12, 2012

Chauvanist vs Misogynist

My yahoo home page has a "trending" section. Limbaugh's name was "trending." Normally I don't click on "trending" names - I don't care what other people are looking at, which is what I assume is how those "trending" names are listed.

But, I decided to look this time.

Rush is still taking flack for his Sarah Fluke comment - and all the ones attacking him are saying he's a misogynist, and that he called Fluke a prostitute and a slut.

All of them are taking Rush out of context. He was specifically referring to the fact that she wanted other people to pay for her contraception - not that she actually expected the men she slept with to pay her for the privilege.

Now, I don't deny that Rush is a male chauvanist - otherwise he wouldn't always refer to women as reporterettes, babettes, and so on. But being a chauvanist doesn't make him a misogynist - one who hates women.

No comments:

Post a Comment