Friday, March 2, 2012

What moral example has President Obama set?

He's a black man who is happily married and has two daughters. That's an example right there to the 75% of black folks who are born out of wedlock and don't have the exaple of a father figure to look up to. (And the 30% -but growing -of white women, Latinos, etc.)

But what other moral examples has he set? Punishing our soldiers for doing their jobs? Apologizing to other countries left right and center, and claiming after the murder of 2 of our soldiers in Afghanistan that his apology "calmed things down."?
Obama's Version of a Moral Example

RUSH: Let's go to the audio sound bite roster, though. Obama has had four fundraisers in New York last night. I think Obama has had double the fundraisers at this stage than George W. Bush had. He was at a restaurant run by celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and Obama spoke.

OBAMA: Around the world, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, what they did was hard. It takes time. It takes more than a single term. It takes more than a single president. It takes more than a single individual. What it takes is ordinary citizens who keep believing, who are committed to fighting and pushing and inching this country closer and closer to our highest ideals. And I said in 2008: I am not a perfect man, and I will not be a perfect president.

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

OBAMA: But I promised you! I promised you back then that I would always tell ya what I believed. I would always tell ya where I stood.

RUSH: Wait a minute, I'm confused. Not a perfect man? I thought he was gonna lower the sea levels and unite the country and create love for the country amongst all of our enemas -- uh, enemies! Hmm. And let's see. Also at the ABC kitchen, this is a restaurant by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. This is Obama scolding a protester.

OBAMA: We are leading again by the power of our moral example. That's what change is!

PROTESTER: (screaming) No war with Iran!

OBAMA: None of this --

PROTESTER: (screaming)

OBAMA: -- change...

PROTESTER: (screaming) No war with Iran!

OBAMA: Uh, er, uh, uh, uh... Nobody's, uhhh, announced a war, young lady. So...

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

OBAMA: But we appreciate your sentiment.

AUDIENCE: (laughter)

OBAMA: You're jumpin' the gun a little bit here.

RUSH: And the protester was shouting, "No war in Iran! No war in Iran!" Folks, I have to laugh when I hear the president talk about his "moral example." The president's moral example. The president's moral example is making you and me provide contraception for women who want unlimited, anytime, no-consequences sex. Some morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment