Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lottery Winner Still Collecting Food Stamps

You do have to wonder about the effciency of the welfare system, when someone can win a lottery and still be sent food stamps to begin with ...

Anyone want to bet on how long it will take for this woman to spend all that $500,000 so that she goes back on food stamps again?
Entitlement Mentality: Lottery Winner Still Using Food Stamps
RUSH: If this is not indicative of our times and the entitlement mentality that has taken over some in our country, I don't know what it is. This is a story from I don't know where. I am getting really tired of people... never mind. I know the story is legit.

"24-Year-Old Lottery Winner Buys New House and Car But Still Gets Food Stamps ... 'I feel that it’s okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,' she added. 'I have two houses.'" No, no, no. Not making it up. "Last fall, 24-year-old Amanda Clayton struck it big when she won $1 million playing the Michigan lottery. That’s life-changing. And in many ways, it was: she bought a new house and car. But in at least one way, it wasn’t: hidden cameras found she’s still using food stamps to pay for her meals.

"WDIV-TV got a tip from a viewer saying Detroit resident Clayton -- who took a $500,000 lump sum payment -- was using the taxpayers to foot her food bill. So the station followed her. Sure enough, she was. And the reporter confronted her about it.
'I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working,' Clayton, who gets $200 a month from the state," not part of the lottery winnings, "said when asked if she thought it was right. When asked if she thinks she has a 'right' to the food stamp money, she said yes. 'I mean, I kind of do. I feel that it’s okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,' she added. 'I have two houses.'"

She feels entitled to food stamps. We owe her food. Forget winning the lottery. We owe her food. (imitating Clayton) "Yeah, I mean, I have a right to food stamps." There's a political party that's made this possible. They're called Democrats. The Democrat Party's done this. This is music to the ears of Barack Obama, music to his ears. This is a voter. This is a voter. From the NBC affiliate in Detroit, WDIV-TV. It's a great illustration of the entitlement mentality that has taken hold. What are you laughing at in there? You think it's funny? You're laughing at me? You know, they're all in there saying, "I can't believe..." they expect me to be a little timid here for a while. The staff is expecting me to maybe go use food stamps myself for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment