Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rush Still Doesn't See The Problem With Sarah Palin

Rush talked today again about Sarah Palin. A guy named Martin at the Politico answered, pointing out that Palin was paying identity politics. I share Rush's transcript below my own comments.

Ok - what's identity politics, that for some reason Rush doesn't understand? It's simply that Palin is a nobody! She served as a mayor of Wasilla, and a year or so in her term as governor of Alaska before quitting to go on the talk show and speech circuit...and she's done nothing since.

Her political capital has not improved at all - her political experience has not improved and indeed in another two years she'll be 4 years out of the loop where now she's only two.

Her "identity" as a woman who didn't abort her Downs syndrome baby, and who likes to hunt, and talks conservative talking points, is all she has. SHe hasn't done anything with those conservative talking points, because she's not in a position to do so. Michelle Bachman is. Bobby Jindal is.

But Sarah Palin? No.

What can Sarah Palin run on? "I was the mayor of Wasillia. I served a year or so as Governor of Alaska before I quit. I have no experience dealing with Muslims. I have no experience dealing with cities or states going bankrupt. I have no experience dealing with the welfare state. I don't know anyone in Washington, so I'll have to have someone else help me pick all my advisors." and on and on.

I just don't understand why Rush can't see this. If the world goes to hell in a handbasket and we need people who can go out and hunt and feed the rest of us, Palin might make a good president. But in dealing with the head honchos of all the governments in the world.. she doesn't have that experience, and she's not getting it.

I'm not saying that if she had been elected as VP she wouldn't have done better than Obama - I doubt if she would have returned Churchill's bust so rudely or given the Queen of England an ipod of her speeches - but that was then and this is now, and she's out of the loop and would not make a good president.

_________________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment