Thursday, January 3, 2013

No one has any idea what happened in Benghazi!

But they think they do because they believe the mainstream media...

Rush hit it right on the head.

Tech Blog Libs Have No Idea What Happened in Benghazi
RUSH: I mentioned to you often that I read voluminously and I read omnivorous. I read everything, not just politics and stuff, and I am learning a lot as I do this. One of the great advantages of reading a lot of different sources is you get a very good idea how effective the left is with their message and permeating virtually every corner of the world. Now, my hobby is high-tech stuff. I love it.

I absolutely, physically enjoy learning about high-tech stuff and staying up to speed on it all. So I read some of these blogs. And every day, sometimes more than one instance, I literally stop myself when I read something and realize how effective our opposition is at persuading people of lies and convincing them that BS is the truth. This latest example is stupefying. I don't believe it. Well, I do believe it. I'm just dumbfounded by it.

See, I think the truth is not hard to find. I don't think it's hard to find at all, and I think finding the truth only requires a little curiosity and being a little dubious, being a little suspicious, of everything you hear from everybody. Benghazi. Is it not widely...? Maybe I'm wrong about this. Is it not widely known now that the video had nothing to do with that event that killed four Americans?

My perception is that, for the first two or three weeks, the administration blamed the video? Susan Rice, Obama, Hillary doing ads in Pakistan? For three weeks or two weeks, they blamed that video. And all during those weeks, there was an entire media-industrial complex on the right that knew it wasn't true and that was getting the message out that it wasn't true, that the video had nothing to do with it.

But all the while the mainstream media was promoting the fact that the video had everything to do with what happened in Benghazi. The mainstream media wanted to get nowhere near what really happened in Benghazi, and then the latest development was that four State Department officials were fired. But they weren't. Well, no! I take it back. They were "fired," but they were not made to leave.

They were "fired" and they stayed on the job.

More theatrics.

So, anyway, my point is when I run across people who even now still believe that the video led to the death of four Americans, I'm sorry, but I have trouble processing it. How can people be so stupid? But here is an entry in a tech blog, and this is probably a 24- or 25-year-old kid, and what they have done is they've written a piece here on how the film was made. Let me just read this brief excerpt: "Back in July a controversial film appeared on YouTube.

"The low budget, poorly made film appeared to have been made with a main goal of offending and inflaming Muslims... A lot of controversy resulted when the video went viral..." It didn't "go viral" folks. Nobody saw it! This video never went viral. But this kid at this tech blog thinks it did. "A lot of controversy resulted when the video went viral: YouTube pulled it from several markets when it was rumored to be a source of protests that broke out in Benghazi, Libya[,] in September that attack resulted in the killing of" our ambassador.

None of that's true! There were no protests. There was a terrorist incident. There were no protests. This is last September. This tech blog happened on January 1st. And people read this stuff. These are supposedly smart kids, smart in one area. Look how duped they are. There wasn't a protest, the video didn't go viral, and the video had nothing to do with the murder of the ambassador or the other three Americans.

So, yeah, I'm dumbfounded by this, when the truth is "widely known" but it isn't widely known. And, of course, then I say, "What can we do about this?" This is how lies, disinformation, misinformation, propaganda get believed. I mean, intellectually I know it all works, but this? Have we not succeeded in exposing this by now? The vast majority of Americans still think the video led to protests which led to the death of the ambassador?

And then I have to say, "Yeah, it's probably the case. Because nobody's really paid a price for this." I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be so shocked and surprised. Maybe I'm not. I'm just disappointed, I guess. I guess the other aspect is these are not low-information people. I mean, these are... Well, it turns out they are, but they're not stupid. Not intellectually. They have the ability to learn, comprehend, and understand the truth.

In fact, the whole "film" was never even posted! It was 30-second clips of the film that were on YouTube. And the guy is in jail! The filmmaker is still in jail and none of these civil libertarians on the left have the slightest problem with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment