Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rush Shouldn't Comment on Michele Obama's Hypocrisy?

According to Rush, he's getting flack from people because he laughed at the fact that Michelle Obama, who is all for kids eating healthy foods, was caught eating ribs in Vail.
RUSH: Apparently, ladies and gentlemen, I'm getting a lot of grief out there for my highly civil comments about Michelle Obama eating short ribs in Vail. These were highly civil comments, for crying out loud. I mean people are going nuts everywhere, USA Today, The Politico. Some people are suggesting that my comments are below the belt.

Supposedly, throughout our history, the First Lady is supposed to be above shots that the President is fair game for, but when someone preaches one thing and does another, shouldn't that be called out - if only to make a joke about it?

As of course he did today, showing a photo of Mrs. Obama wearing a yellow shirt with a wide belt...or strap, rather, that goes up just under her breasts - must be some kind of ethnic costume, although truth to tell I don't pay attention to today's fashion shows and it might be some French haute couture or even American haute couture.

Every First Lady has her cause, and Mrs. Obama's is to combat childhood obesity. I get that. But just how prevalent is childhood obesity? A lot of kids that the doctors and teachers say are obese aren't really obese, they just don't meet the new government standards that have re-defined what obese is. Is a kid 10 pounds overweight obese? I don't think so!

_____________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment