Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How much will socialized medicine save *you*?

I was reading a message board today. One individual, in his 60s, had this to say:
I am now enrolled in Medicare. .... My health insurance has now dropped from $864/month to $152.

Another gentleman, somewhat younger, had this to say in response:
I thought Medicare was free. Well, that really messes up my retirement plans.
I sure hope we get socialized medicine before I retire.

Now, what happens if Obamacare, aka socialized medicine, does come to fruition.

I think the second person in this equation will find out that he will be paying just as much in taxes as he would have been paying for insurance premiums, if not more, and that of course, quality of health care will go down.

Japanese has socialized medicine, for example. What happens when they go into a hospital for any length of time? There are no nurses. All care that a nurse in the US gives - which costs a lot of money, of course - in Japan is provided by a family member. (And if there is no family member...well, that person is SOL.)

England? Jokes and movies about the inept National Health Service have been rampant since the 1970s if not longer.


My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment