Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Debt Ceiling Controversy

Rush is quite confident that if no deal is reached between the Dems and Republicans, nothing too awful is going to happen. It would be comforting to think so, but frankly I'm not confident.
From Rush:
About this time yesterday we quoted Senator Mitch McConnell as saying nothing substantive will ever get done in this country until Barack Obama is removed from the Oval Office. As long as Obama's in the Oval Office nothing is gonna get done. All right, fine. And I said I don't know how you walk that back. But he did. I sat here and I mean we were ladling praise out. We're just not used to hearing Republicans talk that way. Now, Trump, you know, say what you want about Trump, Trump showed the way here. Trump showed how you rattle Obama. Trump showed how you get under the thin skin of Obama and how you get him off his game. Trump showed that. You just go right after him. You just get rid of all your fear. You get rid of whoever you're gonna offend or what the press is gonna say about you and you just tell people the truth. And Obama can't deal with that. He's never had to deal with that his whole life. He's led a very sheltered, protected, you know, whenever he got a C, always somebody around to make it an A, maybe an A-.

But you go out and make that really powerful statement, which has the added benefit of being true. We're not gonna get anything seriously accomplished as long as he's in the Oval Office, as long as he's president. Gotta be defeated. And then a few hours later after not telling anybody, you submit a plan without running it by your colleagues, and everybody is asking of me what I think of this. The number one problem I have with it has nothing to do with its substance. There's some problems I had, but it shows weakness. My gosh, we've got Obama and the Democrats predictably following every page in their playbook, knowing exactly what they're gonna do before they do it, scaring senior citizens, and the minute they come out with that, here's this proposal that basically shows panic. To me it reeked of a lack of resolve. I think Obama needed to think that these Republicans were serious about taking this to the end and now he knows that they're not. Now he knows the Republicans are not united on that concept. Now he knows that there are Republicans who'd like to do anything to avoid being blamed for this.


_________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment