Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Arrogance or Self-Confidence of Obama

Self-confident people believe they are in the right, and it always surprised them if someone disagrees with them.

So was it self-confidence or sheer arrogance that caused Obama to say the following:
Now, further in the interview, Pelley said -- like all of this, this is so the predictable, this question: "Ronald Reagan, Tip O'Neill were on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but they respected each other, they liked each other, they got things done." What a cliched question. This is something the left throws out all the time, Tip O'Neill and Reagan got along. They went out and had beer after work. No, they didn't. Anyway, question: "Do you like Speaker Boehner?" Here's Obama's answer.

OBAMA: I do. And I think John would like to do the right thing.

RUSH: Stop the tape. Stop the tape and recue it. Do you hear the tone there and the arrogance? I do. (imitating Obama) "And I think John would like to do the right thing." Meaning I know what the right thing is. It's my way or the highway. And I think John wants to do the right thing. I'm not really sure, John may be an idiot, but I think John wants to do the right thing and see to it that I get reelected. I think John knows that he's got to cave if I have any chance of getting reelected. I think John knows that. I think John would like to see me reelected. Here's the rest of it.

How much compomise exactly is Obama asking for> A 1% tax hike on the rich? They'd never even notice it...

Rush continued:
OBAMA: I do. And I think John would like to do the right thing. His challenge right now is inside his caucus, but I think Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill are a great example. Ronald Reagan repeatedly took steps that included revenue in order for him to accomplish some of these larger goals. And the question is, if Ronald Reagan could compromise, why wouldn't folks who idolize Ronald Reagan be willing to engage in those same kinds of compromises?





_______
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment