Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time To Defeat Obama on His Lack of Merit, Not his Birth

President Obama released his birth certificate today, which proves he was born in Hawaii. The Democrats are probably laughing and scoffing at birthers now, but you do have to ask yourself - since apparently there was nothing wrong with his birth certificate, why did he fight so hard for so many years to not have to show it? (And for that matter, since a President has to be born in the United States, why was he even allowed to become a candidate for President without having to show it. That's what scares me!)

Rush is of course downplaying it, as well he should. We'd be a very poor country indeed if the only reason why Obama wasn't relected in 2012 was because he wasn't allowed to run because of the fact of his not being born in the US. Surely he can be defeated on other grounds!
RUSH: Ha! So, ladies and gentlemen, if it takes a reality star to force Obama's hand on his birth certificate... and everybody's asking, "Why now? Why now?" I think I've got the answer. I think it's all about polling data. I think up 'til now the polling data showed that it was a winning issue for Obama. The birthers were considered crackpots and the polling data showed as long as it continued that way, that there was hay to be made by Obama by not releasing the birth certificate and stoking these people. But then Trump comes along, and I really believe that the polling data, the internal polling data, the White House shows that the issue was starting to take place. You saw that poll yesterday, USA Today, 38%, 40%, whatever it was of the American people don't think he's born in this country. I think the polling data shifted, and it wasn't all Republicans in that poll that showed that shockingly high number.

You know, Obama, every president, sad to say, is poll-driven. Clinton, he even polled what to wear after he polled where to go on vacation. And we know that this regime is just as poll-driven and oriented. So it probably went from a net positive to something that was starting to show a major problem, credibility, dishonesty, what have you. Now, if that's correct, and since it's my opinion it probably is -- I always say, don't doubt me -- then what it really shows, and this is gonna irritate a lot of people, what it shows is Trump's ability to connect with average voters in a way that, well, nobody else has been able to connect on this. Nobody else has been able to force Obama to do this. How long has it been going on? Two and a half years, even longer than that. All of a sudden here comes Trump, and, lo and behold, they produce the long form birth certificate. So if it takes a reality star... in fact, there's a piece I have in the show prep Stack of Stuff today, somebody has the opinion that politics has become nothing more than a reality show. I can relate to it because I did The Haney Project on The Golf Channel.

I've had my turn at reality TV. You know the only difference in reality TV and regular TV is the writers in reality TV are not unionized. Reality TV thus is much cheaper to produce. But reality TV -- don't doubt me on this, folks -- is just as scripted. Well, not just as scripted, but it's not reality, either. They have an outcome they want, and they're gonna get there while leading everybody to believe that that's what naturally happened along the way. Now, if you are asking me, "Are you saying, Rush, you didn't shoot an 83 on the final episode of The Haney Project?" No, I'm not saying that. I don't want to get into too much detail about it because I don't want to get distracted here. I'm just telling you that this guy has this piece that all of politics has become a reality show. And I've often pointed out that politics is show biz for the ugly, show biz for the unattractive. Evidence is the annual White House Correspondents Dinner, which is coming up soon and once again I was invited by four different organizations.

I politely declined three of them and emphatically declined one. (interruption) What? Oh, I despise 'em. What do you mean, it's always such fun? Snerdley, the last one I went to was 1993. Well, how many years ago was that, 1993, that's 18 years ago. How can you say it's always so much fun? You get mileage out of one joke. The whole thing is a phony baloney, plastic banana, good-time rock 'n' roller night. You got people in the room that hate each other acting like they're best friends for a couple or three hours. It's just not my cup of tea.


Okay, so, at any rate, Trump was, in the context of politics being a reality show, Trump was hilarious this morning, was absolutely hilarious. And, you know, Obama was scheduling to show up at 9:45. Trump kept going. He delayed Obama showing up. And just in terms of theatrics -- and I know that the purists don't want to even hear it discussed this way -- but in terms of theatrics there was no comparison in the energy and the confidence of the two combatants and the competing press conferences. Obama's presser was basically a snore fest. And Trump's was alive and filled with vigor and a lot of energy. So what do we have? We have a reality star that has forced Obama's hand on the birth certificate. Now, maybe, maybe that's the key. 'Cause even Trump took credit for it, said it was one of the proudest days of his life. (laughing) He started out, "I'm really proud of myself." Everybody thought that Trump was gonna be eating crow. He starts off by saying, (paraphrasing) "It's the proudest day of my life. Look what I did. Only I was able to do this." I mean for a while I thought, my gosh, I'm watching myself here. (laughing) Biggest kick out of it. So a reality TV star ends up forcing Obama's hand on the birth certificate.


_________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment