Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Obama And His Take on Easter

President Obama gave an Easter speech, and Rush found some of the phraseology puzzling.
RUSH: The messiah said something. This just sounds strange. Let me find it. It's Obama talking about Easter. Grab sound bite 21. Now, it's risky whenever you start reacting to other people's expression of their religious beliefs. It's dangerous territory to wade into, but this still strikes me as strange phraseology. Well, I've never heard people discuss the Resurrection the way Obama did. This was yesterday in Washington, the White House. There was an Easter prayer breakfast, and here's just a portion of what Obama said.

OBAMA: I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason. Because, as busy as we are --

RUSH: Yeah?

OBAMA: -- as many tasks as pile up during this season --

RUSH: Yeah?

OBAMA: We are reminded that there's something about the Resurrection, something about the Resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.

RUSH: There's just something about the Resurrection that puts everything in perspective. I don't know what that would be. I mean usually that's how they title movies, you know, There's Something About Mary. There's something about Snerdley. But you just don't hear there's something about the Resurrection. What about the Resurrection? What is it, sir, about the Resurrection that puts everything else in perspective? There's just something about the Resurrection. "Mr. Limbaugh, are you leveling a disguised allegation?" No, no, Mr. New Castrati. I've just never heard it discussed this way. When he discusses the call to prayer in the Muslim world as being one of the sweetest sounds in the world, I mean that's an eloquent way to describe the Muslim call to prayer. Here we're talking the Resurrection. There's something about that. You know what? Michelle and I were talking about it, something there's about that that just puts everything in perspective.

Well, since I'm an atheist, I don't really know what Obama was talking about...or Rush for that matter...
___________
In the interests of Order and Method: My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday througout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment