Thursday, July 22, 2010

Black American Caller Thanks God She Was Born in America

A few black American called Rush's program today. One said this:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_072210/content/01125112.guest.html
[has transcripts of all these calls]

RUSH: It happened [slavery]. You deal with it. But, you know, this notion that there is a justifiable reason to institutionally hate the country for anybody born in it in the last 50 years, escapes me.

CALLER: Well, Rush, let me tell you one more thing. I don't thank God for slavery, but I thank God that I was not born in Africa. I'm not an African-American. I'm offended by that also. I'm an American. I've never been to Africa, you know, so I thank him for us being here and having an opportunity in this country, and my forefathers were brought over here from Africa, wherever, and gave us an opportunity to be Americans and to be free. I wouldn't want to be in Africa as most of the country -- you see how people, the shape that they're in. Thank God for America. And thank God for you. I wish that you were running. I wish that you were president.


Rush's point - and the point of the callers - is that blacks in the USA are not monolithic. Sharpton and Jackson and Obama are not the spokespersons for everyone...they think for themselves.

The problem, in my opinion, is Sharpton and Jackson, and of course Obama, have all the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment