Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why don't blacks have IDs redux

Well, of course a lot of blacks have IDs - but alot of them don't and I'm still trying to figure out why.

I posted my question at a website I frequent - it's a movie fan website but there's a folder there for off-topic discussions (and funnily enough it is this folder that gets the most activity) and no one answered it. They are all liberals there, and all they said was that the Republicans wanted the voter ID law in place to prevent blacks from voting. Not one of them answered the question I asked - why don't these people have IDs? How can they not have IDs? Either they have jobs or they have welfare, one way or the other they need an ID to get money - so why don't they have IDs?

According to the article that I linked to - blacks and Latinos and the elderly are the ones who are "disproportionately" hit by the law because they can't afford to have a picture ID.

Bushwa. I looked up the cost of getting a state Id in South Carolina - costs all of $10. In other words, give up a coffee at McDonalds for ten straight days, and you have enough money to get yourself a state ID.

So money has nothing to do with it.

Why don't they have IDs?

No comments:

Post a Comment