Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More people "food insecure" in the United States

And as Rush points out in his monologue, it's the single parent households (as opposed to the DIVORCED parent households - to me a single parent is a woman who got pregnant (perhaps several times) after a one-night stand, whereas a divorced parent is a woman who actually was married before she had kids, and then got divorced for whatever reason. That distinction should continue to be made, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I'm against women having sex out of wedlock - just take precautions so you don't get pregnant! - unless of course you can actually afford to have a child on your own. 90% of single women can't afford to have the children they have, and most (but not all) go on welfare for the rest of their lives.
"Households headed by single parents were more likely to struggle with food insecurity than those with two parents at home." I wonder why that is. "Hunger-related issues were more prevalent among African-American and Hispanic households than white ones." Well, of course, food is racist. We know that. "Most of those classified as 'food insecure' reported getting benefits from the federal government's three main anti-hunger initiatives," which apparently are utter failures. If we have three main anti-hunger initiatives to deal with food insecurity, and there's still 45 million households or people not feeding their members because of food insecurity, you'd have to say that the three government programs are failures, much like the Obama administration. Do you realize, folks, if Obama had just listened to me, he would not be a failure? If he had just taken me up on my op-ed in the Wall Street Journal on my way to stimulate the economy, if he had just listened to me none of what we're going through now would we be going through.

Of course there are some single parents who took precautions but had defective birth control devices and so got pregnant anyway, and a percentage of single parents do climb the ladder to success.
RUSH: My whole point is the more the government does this stuff, the more the government takes over the role of a parent or parents then the less self-sufficiency, the less self-reliability that there is and there's no reason for parents to be parents. And the problem with this is it's dehumanizing, and this is an objective of the Democrat Party. This situation exists precisely because this is how the Democrat Party derives its power, creating this kind of dependency, creating this kind of dumbed-down irresponsibility. "The government will take care of it, the government will do this. I got my benefits coming. I know what I'm entitled to," this kind of thing. It really bums me out. If I see the wrong thing at the right time I'll hit a tipping point, it could ruin my whole day.

This stuff really, really bugs me, this whole notion of an entitlement society, the benefits here, because it is destroying people. You know, we conservatives love everybody, we love people. We want the best for everybody. And one of the reasons we're so opposed to big government is that government deprives people of their humanity and their dreams and their opportunities under the guise of taking care of them. It's one of the biggest swindles to come down the pike, liberalism, Democrat Party and all this. So I can understand you want to stand up for yourself as a single parent, you don't want to identify with the others. I'm frankly happy that you wanted to call here and differentiate yourself from that bunch. Keep it up. You're sadly, somewhat unique. But don't change. I'm glad you called.

No comments:

Post a Comment