Friday, February 20, 2015

Religions don't kill people...

Someone mentioned this to me yesterday...these friends are Democrats who were annoyed about Giuliani's comment that Obama doesn't love America because he refuses to call ISIS Islamist radical terrorists.

The husband said: The refrain from gun lovers about guns is : "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

So following that logic, "religions don't kill people, people kill people."

Do you think the comparison is apt, in all its ramifications?

There's a woman on the hannity forums who persists in equating Islam of today with Christianity of today, which I've got to say shocks me. While there are fundamentalist Christians who won't let female refs referee a basketball game (because that would place a woman in a position of authority over the boys - God forbid! - I wonder if they have women teachers there or not) but I've yet to hear of a Christian parent doing an honor killing because daughter left the house without a male relative. I've yet to hear of these sects not allowing women to drive - which women can't do in Saudi Arabia...and on and on...

I felt like asking her where'd she prefer to live, as a woman, Saudi Arabia or any city in the US or even Europe...

No comments:

Post a Comment