Friday, February 20, 2015

Ever heard of Drabbles?

I decided to launch my own Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. The first of hopefully several...

When going through some campaigns on Kickstarter, I found one called 1 Drawing for 1 Dollar. The campaign asked for only $250, and the guy had received over $7,000 in orders.

Unfortunately I'm not an artist, so I couldn't offer such a deal...but I *am* a good writer and wondered if I could sell drabbles. I set the bar at only $25....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/118270389/1-drabble-for-1-dollar?ref=nav_search And a woman has already ordered 25 drabbles featuring John Steed and Emma Peel: The Avengers.

So after 3 days I'm already fully funded.

So if you would like a drabble, you'll receive it immediately.

What is a drabble? It is a story that is exactly 100 words long. It's typically fan fiction - for The Avengers, Doctor Who, Star Trek: The Original Series and so on.

Here's a couple of samples, one for The Avengers, and one a non-fiction drabble that I call a Scrabble Drabble, to help people improve their Scrabble vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment