Sunday, December 14, 2014

Arrogance goes before a fall...

I've never liked the little homily, "Pride goeth before a fall." There's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and the work you do.

Being arrogant about it - that's something else again.

So when Johnny Manziel started his first game today, I was expecting him to be crushed, and he was. No Tebow magic from Manziel - he couldn't do anything right.

And the fact that everyone who sacked him or intercepted him did his little "Money" move - just the icing on the cake.

I wasn't able to watch most of the game, unfortunately - company came over and I had to play scrabble.... but I *think* I heard the announcers say that Manziel was going to be starting for the rest of the year....

So I'll get a chance to see him next week and expect to enjoy it.

I don't think the guy is as bad as Ryan Leaf - at least I hope he's not that bad (in that he'll do drugs etc and end up in jail), but I don't think he's going to last long as a football player.

It's such a pity that the Jets didn't give Tebow a chance - or that Tebow refused to turn himself into a wide receiver or something...but that ship has long since sailed, anyway....


No comments:

Post a Comment