Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ridicule Cuts Both Ways

Rush often ridicules the Left on his program, but when the Left does it to the Right (as for example the constant trashing of Sarah Palin), they do it because they're scared of her.

Kind of a double standard there. And I don't really think Democrats are afraid of Sarah Palin. She simply isn't Presiential material - no President should be doing a reality show. Host a travelogue of Alaska if you want, or indeed of the whole US, but a reality show? No. There's no gravitas there.

Anyway, apparently the Dems are now using ridicule as a weapon against John Boehner. And Rush, well, Rush, who is always talking about the "New Castrati," says only, "As long as he repeals health care and everything he can cry all he wants."

So ridicule is a double-edged sword, and I know it's part of Rush's schtick, but I never really have cared for it. Just the facts, and your opinions, that's all I want, not this extraneous stuff.

Story #4: Dems Go for Ridicule Route on Boehner's Tears
RUSH: You know, Snerdley, you sit there and you ask me if I -- in my sentimentality -- am gonna start crying, and I know what that's a reference to. (interruption) You're talking about Boehner because suddenly that's all anybody's talking about is Boehner and crying. All right, fine! Now, what is it? Did it embarrass you? Does it make you uncomfortable? (interruption) Well, what's the big deal? Did you not like it, Dawn? (interruption) Dawn didn't like it. (interruption) It was over the top to the point you didn't believe it was genuine? (interruption) Oh, it was genuine but it was over the top. But... but... but... I'm confused. I thought we wanted all that kind of touchy-feely sentimentality in men. I thought we wanted men that'd be able to cry and show their real emotion.

Here's my only point about this: We never got any kind of story about Bill Clinton and the fake tears and the biting the lower lip. We always got stories of admiration about that. They tried making Boehner a figure of hate, and that didn't work, did it? They tried to make him a figure of hate, and now they're going for ridicule because... (interruption) I didn't see it. I don't watch. I didn't see it. I've seen some video, I guess, highlights of it, but... (interruption) Every segment. (interruption) Boy, Dawn's really worked up about this. I didn't see it. I know they had to edit it, Dawn. They didn't do it live-to-tape.

Anyway, you see how easy it is? Even people on our side get sucked into this stuff. Now, now Boehner's nothing but a crybaby. Yeah, he just... I heard him say on one of these sound bites that he was crying because he was all worried about the future the American dream for people. He wanted to make sure that they had access to it, and he's worried that it's not gonna be accessible for a lot of people because of Obama. (interruption) Mmm-hmm. (interruption) Okay. "As long as he repeals health care and everything he can cry all he wants." Fine and dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment