Thursday, January 12, 2012

Does Nobody Want Green Cards?

Make the charging stations first, make the green cars affordable...may be then they'll be bought...
Nobody Wants Green Cars
RUSH: I just love these kinds of stories where I've been right all along. "The US auto industry remains unsold over the future of 'green cars' such as electrics," which are coal-driven, "and hybrids, as carmakers struggle with the first steps in a market most agree shows promise over the long term." No! There is not general agreement that there is promise in the green car industry in the long term. "Automakers wheeled out a variety of new hybrids and plug-in electrics," driven by coal, "at the annual Detroit auto show this week, touting their great energy savings along with new, freshened designs.

"But despite that apparent commitment, behind the scenes, the manufacturers remain split between doubts and optimism over their potential." What's the doubt? Nobody wants these! The only way you end up with 'em is if it's a statement like wearing an AIDS ribbon. "Look at me! I'm better than you. I care more than you do. You see this ribbon? It means I'm better than you are! See me in this hybrid? That means I care more than you!" A vanity buy is what this is. People aren't buying these things. They have to be paid to buy them. GM has had to recall every Volt that they've ever made, and they all depend on higher gasoline prices. That's what Obama's for.




___________
My Schedule of Regular Posts:
*Monday through Friday morning - schedules of President, VP and Secretary of State and her diplomats
*Monday through Friday afternoon - List of topics Limbaugh discussed on his program that day
*Monday through Friday throughout the day - My posts on anything that I feel like talking about. At least one or two a day, sometimes more.
*Saturday through Sunday morning - An addition to my booklist of political books - covering Democrats, Republicans and other interested parties
.

No comments:

Post a Comment